Sunday, February 12, 2006

Dude! Where's My Liberal?


Vancouver Rally Calls for Emerson to Resign
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 00:02:11 EST
CBC News


More than four hundred people attended a rally in Vancouver on Saturday to pressure Liberal-turned Tory David Emerson to resign.

It's another forum for people to vent their anger with Emerson. Organizers of two online petitions say they have gathered more than 20,000 signatures in a week.

And another rally is planned for Emerson's riding office on Sunday Afternoon.
If I were in Vancouver, I would more than happily deck myself out in "Recall Emerson" pins, and wave about a brightly coloured poster-board sign. He ran as a Liberal, he promoted the Liberal platform, he even starred in a few Liberal television campaigne ads - then bam, within two weeks of the January 23rd election, he crossed over to the Conservatives as minister for international trade - needless to say, more than a few people are upset.

David Emerson has insulted the electors; people voted for a LIBERAL candidate - and that's what they should have. Supposedly, one would think you vote in a party, you get that canidate in your riding, under that party - apparently votes no longer count - or perhaps they do count... in a world were Emerson doesn't prance around thinking that he's the king of the mountain saying "Na na na na boo boo I win! Ahaha, SUCKERS!"

There was a meeting in Vancouver, regarding Emerson resigning - hundreds showed up in protest - the invitation was given out to him, could Emerson not decide what colour of tie to wear? Did he not have clean underwear to wear and had to do laundry? Whatever his excuse, what does it say to the people if their (for lack of a better word) leader (or MP) won't even show up to a simple gathering to answer a few simple questions? To me that doesn't say "I care about my riding" that says to me "I win you losers, I TRICKED YOU!" as he laughs evily while stroking one of Steven Harpers dozens of flea-infested cats.

No comments: