Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Et... Erm, DM Phone Home

The Anti-Emerson Walk for Democracy protest was yesterday in Vancouver-Kingsway; it's a pitty that I wasn't able to go... I was the typical university student slaving away on multiple term-papers, however I must say... I'm damn proud of how many people showed up to defend what they believe for. It's obvious that the government and blue-tinged smurf-like Conservatives will be able to sweep people's disappointment and loathing under the carpet.

"'We're getting calls from all across Canada,' event organizer Mike Watkins, a Conservative, told the assembled crowd. 'There are De-Elect David Emerson signs in Nova Scotia.'" Wonderful - I wonder where I can get one of those signs... maybe get a blimp saying that, though in a Conservative riding I'm sure that would get a few reactions... n that I'm scared of Conservatives at all - good luck them chasing me out of town with their pitch forks and torches , because GASP (!) I'm a Liberal.

I got a comment a few days ago to the effect of 'there wer 70,000 people who would argue against the protesters'... if that were so true, why is it that people across the country are banding together PROTESTING against Emerson? Obviously there is reason behind it, people voted for a LIBERAL canidate - and what does he do? Nothing more can be said other than their vote was abused. Hell I'd be just as angry if the canidate I'd voted for switched over just because "he wanted to"

So, thus I conclude my blog for today, by applauding those hundreds of people that walked for democracy. That truely was an amazing thing to see.

No comments: