Thursday, April 27, 2006

Newless News

After having been hiding out at work all evening, I have finally just gotten home from flipping burgers and making milkshakes and am in desparate need of a shower... if only working fast food wasn't so greasy, perhaps I could come home after a shift not smelling like a giant french fry - however, I could not help but blog... blog, then shower... or blog, shower and blog some more before going to bed...

Seeing as everyone has posted something about the softwood fiasco, me rambling on about the same thing would be rather pointless... therefore, I will attempt to ramble on for a few minutes about whatever newspaper article grabs my attention... please note, that as I'm writing in my blog, I'm reading random articles at the same time... speaking of random... "blog" is quite the nifty word.

Okay... "Turkish politician charged with chewing gum at a ceremony for the country's founder"... interesting... "a military official accused Dalci of insulting Ataurk, the Anatolia news agency said. Dalci was charged and summoned to appear in court... Dalci said he had no intention of insulting Ataturk, but was chewing gum to freshen his breath after eating garlic" ... strangely enough that article made me chuckle - while I agree that perhaps it is disrespectful to chew gum at such a ceremony - I can't help but wonder, was he chewing some of that great tasting strawberry 'hubba bubba' chewing gum and blowing extravagant bubbles, or was he conservatively chewing on spearmint dubble-bubble chewing gum?

1 comment:

rob said...

Hi!

Stéphane Dion would like to do an interview with you for your blog. If you're interested, give me an e mail: r_edger@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Rob