Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wash Mouth Out With Soap


"Canada's top general is denying a report that the new Conservative government asked to approve his speeches" and "Prime Minister Stephen Harper also says there's no move to censor Gen. Rick Hillier" ... interesting...

Seems to me that they are are censoring, but not censoring - "I want to know exactly what you're going to say, and when you're going to say it, or no cookie before you go to bed"... I don't blame the government for already worrying about putting a leash on anyone that can communicate in one of Canada's two official languages... I mean, if someone says something that Harper doesn't want out, then he's kinda screwed isn't he? Too bad this censorship hasn't been working, look at how many Conservative MPs have been unable to keep their mouths shut thus far? It's actually kind of funny... and thanks to the headlines the Conservative government seems to capture everyday, I don't have to worry about running out of blog material.

However, if they're claiming that there is no such censorship... then why... "last week, an internal Conservative Party e-mail intercepted by Canadian media outlined a plan to slow the flow of communication between the party and the press... according to the e-mail, all forms of communication right down to notes letters to the editor, were to pass through the Prime Minister's office for approval." ... curious and curiouser... if they're not censoring... then what is up with wanting to frisk everyone for signs of English or French?

The Okanagan-Shuswap MP (which I regretfully have to say is my riding) was also sited as saying "I really value the ability to communicate through our local media in terms of effectiveness in Ottawa... i don't want to be corkscrewed with my political affiliation - I won't let them muscle me"... so... I take it that "corkscrewed" and "muscled" are code words for some very dirty Brokeback Mountain moments between politicians (ex: Harper and Emerson/Other Conservative MPs) OR another way of saying that there is some definate censorship going on... either way... being corkscrewed sounds wrong...

But... I suppose since we live in a constantly stealthily censored country that hides behind the mask of free speech, I guess that I shouldn't babble on about the little things that I've heard about Colin Mayes, the MP in my area that I previously mentioned... darn censorship... if it weren't for censorship, I suppose that I would go on to talk about how Mayes "is being sued for libel for allegedly making disparaging comments about fellow mayoral candidate Greg Husband during the last municipal election in Salmon Arm, B.C."

No comments: