Thursday, March 30, 2006

Hunny, Where's My Teddybear?

Has anyone else noticed that green vest Harper always wears? Not only was he wearing it out in Afganhistan but it found his way to Mexico as well. This gives me yet another theory about our beloved PM... the green vest is Harper's security blanket. His wife would not allow him to pack his teddy bear or tickle-me Elmo... so he was stuck with the green vest - poor guy, how is he going to sleep without his Elmo?!

"Hunny, did you see my Elmo?" Harper calls from his bedroom.
"Stephen, I told you already, you're too old for a stupid stuffed animal" his wife yells back.
"Mommy would let me take him to Mexico with me!"
"You didn't just use the Mommy-card!!"
"Oh, I did, now give me my Elmo bit - ... "
"You know what, you're sleeping on the couch tonight buddy"
"Fine, I won't bring Elmo with me"

That is perhaps the conversation that took place - however, if the vest is not there as Elmo's replacement, than perhaps it's some sort of weight-compression garment, or bullet-proof vest. The weight-compression garment wouldn't surprise me, though with today's fashions, I'm sure he could have found something a little bit more flattering - green isn't his colour, and damnit, it just doesn't do anything to flatter his girlish figure.

Now... if the green vest is a bullet-proof vest... than perhaps our PM is a wee bit paranoid that someone's out to get him. A bit early into his career as prime minister.... it was even a good few months before Bush started hiding behind bullet-proof glass... poor guy...

Either way, I'm sure that there's some reason behind the tacky green vest... next week, I will tackle the idea of Harper's hair - toupe... or whatever it really is

No comments: