Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Conservative Days Are Numbered





It's been a good week since the Canadian Federal Election - needless to say I wasn't the most pleased person in this country, like many anti-conservatives, I felt the need to dress in black and crawl into a hole waiting to die while listening to some Emo music. I'm sorry, I wouldn't wear black, I already wear that colour constantly. Oh shucks...

My riding was predicted to be Liberal, or at least NOT CONSERVATIVE. Colin Mayes, aside from having a few years of being mayor of my tiny town, has had no federal experience whatsoever - not even provincial experience, may I add. No one talked about voting Conservative - when asked why people to vote for him, his only reason was "Because, I've been the mayor of Salmon Arm for ___ years" ... if that were reason enough, then I'm over-qualified for the job, I'm an 18-yr old who watches the news and watches more than enough CPAC...

Apparently other's shared my non-supporting views of the Conservative party, some hooligan armed with red spray paint, defaced EVERY, and I mean EVERY Conservative party sign going up the highway - and apparently all the way to Vernon as well. I must add, it was a pretty shade of red, no other colour could have better been used to write: I <3>I was surprised enough that Harper "won"... what surprised me more, is that Mayes won the riding here... people were complaining about the Liberals and all the corruption... did no one take into account that Mayes is currently being SUED?! That's a smart move... elect some dude that's being sued and has not the foggiest idea of how to handle federal politics - smart move genius, let me clap for you - thankfully, I don't think, that the Conservatives will stay in parliment long - don't get too comfy in those funky green chairs labelled whatever name that side of the parlimentry argument room, or as I like to call it the side of the room labeled "HAHA WE WON!! SUCKERS!" side of the room.

If you think that I'm just fabricating all of this, then why don't you check out this nifty website article that I found? Says it right there about Mayes getting his black business pants sued off him. Oh... how the days are numbered. Just a matter of days/weeks/months for the Liberals to get their posse armed with koosh-balls and nerf-dart gun toys to find a new leader... I give the Conservatives a few months... maybe 18?

www.chbc.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=12120

No comments: